Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fat Ass Running!

So I figured if I mentioned this C25K thing, I should probably explain it, just in case.

So it stands for Couch to 5K. And it's 9 weeks. It starts you off walking for 5 minutes, running for 60 seconds, and walking for 90 seconds. Repeat. You get the idea. As the weeks progress, the amount of walking goes down and the running goes up.

Sounded easy enough, if running is ever easy. I don't normally run unless I'm being chased. Which is never. Unless my couch decides to chase me for leaving a dent in it (which there is. Which is sad.)

So anyway. I thought okay, I'll do this. And I did some research on it, and a lot of people had to repeat weeks. But the thing is, you repeat them until you can do them, and then move on. Who wouldn't want to be able to run 3 miles? Really? I've never....ran that much. Ever.

It's got a great app that tells you when to walk/run, and it lets you set up your own playlists. So if you're interested, jooooooooooin me. I'd say welcome to the dark side, we have cookies, but that would be counter productive, wouldn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment